We often think some people are rich while others are poor. Why then are some people rich and others wealthy? Some believe that God chooses some people to be wealthy and others to be in need. I think that neither destiny nor luck has anything to do with it. Adam Smith said that All money is a matter of belief.
Some people are rich because they do things in a certain way that those who seem to be poor don’t. The rich work smart, make the right choices, see opportunities and maximize them, while the poor do not.
Nelson Mandela once said: “Poverty is not an accident. Like slavery and apartheid, it is man-made and can be removed by the action of human beings.”
Why some are rich and some are poor?
– The poor eat their seed, whereas rich people sow or invest their seed. The rich understand the act of multiplication and compound interest. Compound interest is man’s greatest invention as quoted by Albert Einstein.
– Poverty is a lack of savings and investments, whereas the rich understand and practice saving and investment. Please remember Benjamin Franklin’s saying as If you would be wealthy, think of saving as well as getting.
– The poor want to live like the rich, so they spend their money on luxuries. The rich, however, never spend; they multiply their money by investing in assets then live off the overflow.
“Do not save after spending, but spend what is left after saving”, said Warren Buffet.
-The rich know how to identify opportunities by taking the well-calculated risk but the poor do not see opportunities. Rather, they Pass Over Opportunities Repeatedly (POOR).
“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work,” said Thomas Edison.
– The rich have the “can do” mindset, but the poor rely on miracle and luck. This can also be attributed to lazy thinking.
“Rich people believe “I create my life”. Poor people believe “Life happens to me”, written by T. Harv Eker.
– Poverty is not a state of life situation, but a state of mind. The difference between the poor and the rich is intelligence, especially financial intelligence.
– The poor lack management skills such as time, finance, people such that, whereas the rich know how to manage and maximize resources.
“Money moves from those who do not manage it to those who do”, said Dave Ramsey.
-Poverty comes by inability, lack of self-discipline and unwillingness to confront hardship. The poor are afraid of failure, but the rich take risks and ask “Why not?”
In conclusion, I would like to sum up with a quote of Lord Buddha, “We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.” So what’s your thought, to be rich or to be poor? Please remind that rich or poor, it’s a state of mind!